Monday, January 11, 2010

Hook


As I drive through this town, it reminds me of everything I use to do. I sit behind this 80,000 pound monster and role through all the places I use to go. While I'm driving around this ol' town the memories of friends, places, adventures that I once forgot seem to flash through my head as I look from fields to buildings that once weren't there. I think of what everyone is doing now, how everyone I use to know are making out on their life long journeys. I stop my rig in what once was a meeting place for so meny of my friends and just sit and look around wondering, why everything happened the way it did. I get back in the rig and look through the windows of this oversized beast for the last time before rolling on down the road. All I see is what was and the could have beens, this brings a lonely tear to my eye as I ride away in what now has become my job and my life.

2 comments:

  1. This is a great piece, it gives me a feeling that you are mostly happy with what your past has been. But it also shows me that you wonder what your life could have been if you stayed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all I want to say that this is a very emotional post. It made me almost cry. You did an amazing job. You only have one spelling error. With this first paragraph I feel that you can write a book. I think that maybe you can write about what you did at that meeting spot.

    ReplyDelete